It’s easy to fall in love with Norwex. The mission to make the world a better and healthier place by reducing chemicals in the environment is inspiring. The products are high-quality time- and money-savers. What’s not to love? But, for most of us, the idea of taking the next step and signing on as a Norwex consultant, can be scary.
It’s overwhelming to think about starting your own business — especially when it involves hosting parties, public speaking and selling.
If you talk to some of Norwex’s top sales leaders, they’ll tell you that they initially didn’t see themselves as someone who could grow an amazing business, leading parties and events all over the country.
“I was nervous to sell to friends as I just wasn’t sure how it would go,” says Kim Marvin Cochran, one of my awesome Go Green Team members of her start with Norwex. “I told myself I would do one party, my launch, and if it bombed, then no big deal. Well, it took off and did great, mostly because Norwex has awesome products everyone needs, not just wants. That gave me the motivation to just keep rolling with it, and I have to say, my business has grown bigger than I ever pictured!”
If you are considering becoming a Norwex consultant and joining my team, but you’re worried about what it takes, my best advice is to follow the road map Norwex provides. You’ll feel confident and prepared even before your first party.
As the old saying goes, “When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.” When you sign up with Norwex, take it one step at a time, too.
- First, think about: “Why Norwex?” If you know why you joined Norwex and what you want to achieve with your business, everything else will fall into place. Take a look at how I explain “Why Norwex.” And take a look at who chooses Norwex, too.
- Fill out your F.R.A.N.K.I. List. That’s a list of your friends, relatives, acquaintances, neighbors, kids’ friends’ parents and internet connections. When you see it on paper, it is amazing how many people in your life you can share Norwex with without feeling shy or embarrassed.
- Let Norwex help you. There are so many videos, new consultant webinars, podcasts and written materials that will tell you exactly what to do in any situation as you get your business off the ground. So don’t worry about your first party! Norwex provides detailed outlines, talking points and fun tips to get you through. (Just take a look at how much stuff you get in your Party Starter Kit alone!)If you still feel anxious do what fellow Go Green Team member Tracey Cake does: “I overcome my fears of sales and public speaking by watching the home demos — A LOT of times. My husband helps too by videotaping my demos and my practice home party so I can watch and improve!
- Start off online, if you don’t feel comfortable leading parties right away, there are tons of opportunities for connecting with people in cyberspace. Make sure you have a strong presence on social media and set up your personal business website with Norwex’s support. Connections can happen anywhere! Join Facebook groups for local moms, or those focused on health and the environment and before you know it, you’ll have a bunch of new people to add to your F.R.A.N.K.I. List.
- It never hurts to be over-prepared, at least in the beginning. “Before my Launch Party I invited my closest and most trusted friends and family over to hear me practice,” says team member Dana Nicole Prior. “Then I did some livestream videos on my business page. After that I felt comfortable enough talking about the products and mission and I was not as nervous talking to a group. It also helped me to make my own scripted version of the party cards even though I never ended up using it — it gave me a safety net.”
- At the same time, don’t sweat it too much. Norwex products really do speak for themselves. You’ll never have to pressure people to buy something. Just educating people about the value of using high quality chemical-free products in you home tends to do the trick.“Let your own personal excitement about the products and business carry you through,” recommends Patty Guerra, another Go Green Team member. “I’ve sold lots of stuff — home interiors, jewelry, etc, — and I always felt like I had to beg for parties, justify prices, talk people into stuff they weren’t sure they wanted. So, I always approached people almost apologetically.” Patti doesn’t feel that way about Norwex. “Everyone cleans. Everyone wants a safe home. No one wants to wash their baby clothes in toxic sludge.”
- Finally, don’t get discouraged! Even if your first party doesn’t go quite the way you hoped, the next one could be a huge success.For some wonderful inspiration, just take a look at Norwex co-founder Debbie Bolton’s video about her and my rocky first experiences leading Norwex parties and how we overcame them.
Want to host a party? Want to join the team? Pam would love to hear from you.Reach out