The kitchen is the heart of my home. When my kitchen is clean, I don’t worry so much about how the rest of the house looks. The good news is that you can do a deep clean in your kitchen in under an hour using just a few Norwex products and no harsh chemicals. The better news is, in celebration of its 24th birthday Norwex is offering great discounts on many of its kitchen cleaning products this month. (See the flyer below for our June specials.)
Here are seven easy steps to keep the time you spend on cleaning to a minimum while getting your kitchen really clean:
1. Start with your oven — Heat your oven to about 100 degrees, turn it off, and then spray the inside of the oven generously with Norwex’s enzyme-based Oven and Grill Cleaner. Let it sit for 10 minutes. While you wait, put some Norwex Cleaning Paste on the soft side of a damp EnviroSponge or a microfiber and spread a thin layer on your stove top and stainless steel appliances and let it sit (not recommended for brushed stainless steel). Now, return to your oven and scrub the inside of the oven and oven door with a SpiriSponge or Spirinett. When you are done scrubbing, wipe down with the Norwex EnviroCloth or Kitchen Cloth for a sparkling shine.
2. Next, dust with your Norwex EnviroWand — This is a great tool for hard to reach spots such as the tops of cabinets, the refrigerator, light fixtures, etc. Start at the top and work your way down.
3. Now, it’s time for your Microfibers (the EnviroCloth or Kitchen Cloth are great for the kitchen) — Dampen your cloth and fold it into quarters so that you have eight clean sides to work with before you have to rinse. Then, start at the top. Take things out of your cabinets as you go and give the insides and outsides a quick wipe-down. Do the same for your fridge and the microwave. Don’t forget those germy nobs and handles. Usually, your Norwex Microfibers and water alone will get the job done. But if you have stubborn marks on your cabinets or if the inside of your fridge and microwave are sticky or greasy, I love to use Norwex’s Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent as an all-purpose cleaner by diluting it with water in a spray bottle (approx. 1 tsp. per 8 oz. of water). I spray it on and wipe it off with my cloth.
4. At this point, go back to your stove top — The Cleaning Paste has had plenty of time to dissolve any grease or grime, so you should be able to get it shiny and clean by just wiping it down with your microfiber cloth. For any stubborn burnt-on food, use the scrubby side of your EnviroSponge or a SpiriSponge to scrub it off. Then wipe with the microfiber cloth and polish with a Window Cloth for a gleaming surface.
5. Tackle your stainless — I find stainless steel one of the most challenging cleaning jobs in the kitchen. Fingerprints on the refrigerator drive me crazy! But Norwex makes it easy. Once your Cleaning Paste is absorbed – let it sit for at least five minutes – then just wipe your appliance with a damp EnviroCloth and polish with the Window Cloth. Alternately, you can spray the diluted UPP on stainless, let it sit for about five minutes, and then wipe and polish. If you’ve used store-brand stainless steel polish in the past, you may have to repeat the process a few times to get rid of buildup.
6. One of the last things I do are the countertops — I wipe them down with my damp microfiber. For stuck-on gunk, I scrub with my EnviroSponge and some Cleaning Paste or diluted UPP. If you’ve got shiny surfaces, I recommend polishing them with the Window Cloth.
7. Finish up with the floors — The Norwex Mop System, with the dry and wet mop pads, is incredibly effective at getting your floors clean in the shortest time, using just water. Start sweeping with the dry mop pad. Made from Norwex Microfiber it uses static electricity to draw and lift even the tiniest particles up into the cloth. Then, moisten the wet mop pad, wring it out well and mop around the edges from the furthest point toward the door, keeping the leading edge of the mop forward at all times. The wet mop pad has the ability to remove up to 99 percent of bacteria from a surface when following the proper care and use instructions.
Take advantage of this month’s specials to get your kitchen sparkling. Place your order with me today!