It’s only natural for sales consultants to watch their sales ebb and flow — but staying encouraged during the down times is what separates the winners from, well, the rest of the pack.
So, roll up your sleeves, and plan. Re-charge. Re-think. Re-organize. Here are 10 ideas to grow sales. They’re just a glimpse of the sales training and support I provide for the growing number of sales consultants joining my Go Green Team.
From the Direct Selling Education Foundation:
1. “Be specific about where you want to go. Instead of just having a vague idea about what growth means in your business, map out specifically what growth would look like. What level of sales are you looking to achieve within the next 6 months? How many people do you want to work with or invite into your business? Once you have a realistic idea of what success will look like, you can begin to plan the activities that you need to do to reach that goal. For example, if you want to grow sales by 10% each month, then you can create marketing campaigns that encourage new customers to shop with you, and create a sales incentive that offers customers a bonus if they spend at a certain level. By knowing what you want, you can employ specific tactics that help you reach that goal.
2. Break big goals into little steps. Long terms goals are important, but a big goal by itself can be overwhelming. So break up those big goals into smaller tasks. Our free eBook 15 Days to Greater Success can help you with this. (Click the link to get your free copy.) By planning goals with shorter timeframes, you can build momentum that will help you achieve your long-term goals.
3. Write it down. Writing down your plan to grow sales is a great way to hold yourself accountable. Otherwise, it’s easy to get off track as demands of the business arise. So post your goal somewhere that you’ll see it every day, and be sure to plan activities daily that help you work towards what you want to achieve. This is one of the best ways you can be sure you’re helping your business grow.”
From Woman’s Day:
4. Consultants can also sell their goods one-on-one, meaning they might invite a friend over to look at the products, or set up appointments with just one person at a time.”
From Yahoo! Voices:
5. Hold an open house for anyone to attend. If you run into a time where you can’t get any bookings, throw your own party. Invite your regular customers and have them bring people as well. Have samples and products on hand. Create a deal for people who bring a guest or buy something.
6. Create gift certificates if you haven’t already. Gift certificates are something that every direct sales consultant should offer. They are perfect for holidays, birthdays and any special occasion. Have them on hand when you do parties. Let people know what a great gift your products would make and why.
7. Team up with another direct sales consultant to host double parties or open houses. Be sure they are different then your company. Two companies that sell food or jewelry won’t help. This will help you both out with sales plus get you more customers.
8. Hold a contest! Another thing people love are contests. Social media is a great place to hold a contest. Maybe the winner gets a free item? Maybe they get a certain amount off. Have people get entries for liking your page, following you, sharing your page, referring a friend, making a purchase and anything else fun that you can come up with.
9. Offer free shipping. Something so small doesn’t seem as though it would make a big difference but it does. Shipping can be so expensive in some cases and a huge turn off to customers.”
And from KarenPhelps.net:
10. Network everywhere you go. If you are at a ball game with your kids, have catalogs, samples and whatever you can fit in your purse or tote bag with you ready to share with other moms.”